DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN JINGHONG
DAY 2: JINGHONG – MENGLUN – JINGHONG
- Arrive in Jinghong, welcome by your driver holding a nameplate of your name and transfer to the hotel.
- Stroll in a night market on the banks of the Mekong River.
DAY 3: JINGHONG – THE JINGMAI MOUNTAIN
- Drive to Ganlanba Village(1h30), a large village located on the banks of the Mekong River.
- Discovery of the Dai Ethnic Park and a small market.
- Continuation of the road to Menglun (1hr).
- Explore the largest botanical garden in Asia.
- Return to Jinghong (2hrs).
DAY 4: JINGMAI MOUNTAIN
- Drive to Menghai (2hrs) and explore the morning market in Menghai.
- Explore the Jingzhen pagoda, which was built 1,100 years ago, and a village specializing in the production of paper that uses the traditional process.
- Then drive to Jingmai (2h30).
DAY 5: JINGMAI – JINGHONG
- Enjoy the peaceful scenery of Jingmai Mountain.
- Stroll in the Tea Garden on the mountainside, a famous tea called Jingmai is mainly produced here.
- Visit Nuogan Village and Wengji Village.
DAY 6: DEPARTURE FROM JINGHONG
- Drive to Jinghong(3h30).
- On the road, stroll in the Nannuo mountain, where there is an 800-year-old tea plant.
- Stroll in Jinghong city at leisure and could visit the Manting Park if possible.
- Transfer to the airport for the departure flight.
The rates below are indicative, and they may vary slightly depending on the season or hotel availability
|Price per person based on
||With driver + An English-speaking guide
- The hotels are mentioned in the itinerary (includes breakfast).
- Transfers by private vehicle with a driver during the whole journey. For the group without a guide, if necessary, the driver will also act as a guide. Whenever possible we try to ensure that he is English-speaking. Otherwise, it will be equipped with a smartphone translator to facilitate communication.
- Accompaniment by an English-speaking guides from the 2nd day (if this option has been chosen).
- For the group without a guide, a smartphone will be given on your arrival. You will always be in contact with our 24-hour service. We are going to offer you restaurants with their locations, you can also try cashless payment anywhere in China (we rarely use cash in China for payment).
- Accommodation and meals for your guides and drivers.
- One bottle of mineral water per day per person.
The price does not include
- International and domestic flights.
- Lunches and dinners.
- Entrance tickets for tours and activities, to be paid for directly on site (around 205 RMB per person). 50% reductions sometimes for travelers over 60, free possible for those over 70.
- Tips for guides and drivers (It is recommended 160 RMB / day in total for the driver guide).
- Accident, repatriation, and health insurance.
- The visa fees.
- You can also check out our organized small group tours here
- To facilitate your stay, we suggest that you change your quotes on arrival and departure at the current exchange rate. The formalities to be completed in Chinese banks are particularly tedious
For each city, we have recommended two or three hotels for you to choose from below. The first hotel listed has been pre-selected by Ciel Yunnan.
||Shawanli Boutique Inn
||Jingmai Brillant Resort & SPA
||Jingmai Brillant Resort & SPA
|Supplement / Person
If you have more days for your trip, it’s possible to add/choose the extensions/excursions associated with this trip.
- Jianshui and Yuanyang (+ 3-4 days): With 150,000 hectares, the rice terraces of Yuanyang were classified as World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO in 2013 and consider to be the largest and most beautiful one in Asia. They are also home to the Hani, Yi, Dai, and other ethnic minorities, and those groups still retain their traditional customs and habits. Jianshui, a former stopover on the Southern Silk Road, is also known as a Confucian pilgrimage center. Every September, the locals worship Confucius in the temple dedicated to him, the second largest in China. The local culinary specialties such as Jianshui roast tofu are famous in Yunnan.
When to go?
One can visit Xishuangbanna in any season, for its tropical climate, similar to the countries of Southeast Asia, results in significant heat in all seasons. The ideal period is between October and March. The weather is drier, and the average temperature is around 20 degrees.
The monsoon extends between June and August with usually short and severe daily showers, so avoid visiting the region at this time. If you want to participate in the Water-Splashing Festival in mid-April (the Dai New Year period), we suggest you book reservations for air tickets and hotels in advance to avoid being sold out.